Randy S. Roberson
Payson, Arizona USA
SENIOR DISASTER RESPONSE/RISK REDUCTION/TELEMEDICINE SPECIALIST CONSULTANT
Solutions-focused, diligent self-starter with proven success in overseeing global disaster response operations, disaster risk reduction, communications IT and disaster telemedicine. Calm demeanor in the face of difficulties; ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure in fast-paced environments. Highly versatile; adept at quickly mastering new roles and responsibilities. Reputation for integrity, perseverance, and work ethic. Continuously pursues opportunities to learn and takes on challenges for further professional development and growth.
Core Competencies and Areas of Expertise
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Proactive Problem Solving
- Crisis Management
- Mobile Medical
- Communications Management and IT Systems
- Relationship Building
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Situational Awareness
- Needs Assessments
- Earned numerous accolades including the 2010 Pro Deo et Patria Award from Ateneo de Zamboanga University School of Medicine in honor of Selfless Service in Global Disaster Relief, as well as the 2007 Award of Excellence from the Society of New Communications Research.
- Successfully delivered comprehensive disaster management and preparedness consulting services to national governments (domestic and foreign) and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs).
- Designed, developed, and implemented mobile medical clinics retrofitted into shipping containers which can easily be transported via air/sea/ground to the most remote and/or damaged locations.
- Created and executed all aspects of solar powered satellite communications in a backpack, specifically focused on disaster management data systems, GIS mapping, and telemedicine.
- Recognized for providing life-saving telemedicine and tactical communications in numerous countries.
R2 Emergency Technologies (1998-Present)
Senior Disaster Response, Risk Reduction & Telemedicine Consultant/Specialist Adviser
- Disaster Management, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Disaster Communication Systems Consulting Services.
- Advisory services to government, national and international stakeholders in substantive disaster management policy issues as well as disaster and climate risk reduction initiatives.
- Creation of strategic partnerships among stakeholders including military, government ministries, donors, international and national NGOs, and other international and regional professionals and institutions.
- Assessment of capacity building needs.
- Tactical mobile medical response and telemedicine systems and initiatives at the international, national, regional and municipal levels.
Disaster Logistics Relief LLC. – Rome, Georgia (2013-Present)
- Co-Founder/Senior Disaster Response & Telemedicine Specialist
- Disaster Response Field Deployment Lead,
- Technology Solutions R&D Lead
- Command & Control (C2) Communications
- Situational Awareness
H.E.L.P. – Payson, Arizona (1997-2009)
- Maintain full accountability for managing all aspects of day-to-day activities, in accordance with organizational goals. Apply strategic planning, prioritization, and project management skills toward consistently achieving critical deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
- Directly analyze internal processes to define inefficiencies and provide expert recommendations to boost productivity and streamline workflow, while maximizing disaster preparedness for clients.
- Demonstrate industry expertise in Disaster Zone Needs Assessments, Mobile Medical, Water Purification, Communications, International Disaster / Incident Management/Disaster Preparedness Consulting, Media Relations, Marketing, and Social Networking.
- Play a key role in optimizing operations as the developer of Mobile Emergency Communications, Situational Awareness Systems, Operations, and Capital Budget Preparation.
Career Note: Additional experience as USA Operations Director for Hungarian Ministries International and News Director/IT/Morning Drive Talk Show Host for KMOG & KRIM Radio Stations as well as Arizona Marketing Director for GH Cable Arizona LP.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Graduate of Biblical Studies – Institute for Biblical Studies/Liberty University
Non-Degree / Supplemental Seminary Educational Curriculum
- NATO Emerging Security Challenges Division ~ Science for Peace and Security Program – 2014
- Philippine Typhoon – Disaster Telemedicine, Logistics, Clean Water – 2013
- USTDA – Nationwide Telemedicine Network Feasibility Study – Romania 2013
- Indonesia Regional Burn Center Telemedicine, 2013
- Japan Earthquake/Tsunami Relief, 2011
- Philippines Rural Medical Support, 2008, 2010
- Dominican Republic Earthquake Relief, 2010
- Haiti Earthquake Relief, 2010
- India Tsunami Relief, 2005, 2006
- Thailand Tsunami Relief, 2005
- El Salvador Earthquake Relief, 2001
- India Flood Relief, 2001
- South Africa Disaster Preparedness Consulting, 2000
- Mozambique Hurricane Relief, 2000
- Turkey Earthquake Relief, 1999
- Albania Kosovo War – Relief Camp Mgmt, 1999
- Colombia Earthquake Relief, 1999
- Korea Assessments, 1998
- Bangladesh Famine Relief, 1998
- India Famine Relief, 1998
- Extremely High Computer IT Proficiency
- Numerous Telemedicine & Teleconferencing Platforms
- Numerous Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Numerous Project Management Platforms
- Situational Awareness Database/Communications Applications
- Social Networking: Face Book, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio
- Adobe: Photoshop, In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver
Philippine National Red Cross (Disaster Management Consultant), Gila County (Arizona) Sheriff’s Department (Posse/Search & Rescue President), American Telemedicine Association (Emergency Preparedness & Response Committee), National Institute for Urban Search & Rescue, Society for New Communications Research, South African Parliament ACDP (Disaster Preparedness Consultant)
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- 2010 Pro Deo et Patria Award (For God & Country) – Ateneo de Zamboanga University School of Medicine
- 2007 Award of Excellence – Society of New Communications Research
- Featured Project-Net Squared Competition – Disaster Management & Response Systems I Designed
- Telemedicine & Situational Awareness Systems in Disaster Response – U.S. Pacific Command, Honolulu
- Medical Deployment/Response in Disasters with Telemedicine – Philippine National Red Cross – Manila; Philippine Military Joint Chiefs
- Telemedicine & Disaster Management Systems; Arizona State University – College of Nursing
- Engineering Projects In Community Service – Arizona State University – EPICS
- Advancing Media Broadcasting Effectiveness – Hungarian Parliament
- Telemedicine in Humanitarian Relief and Disasters; Key Note: 2010 Medical School Graduation – Ateneo De Zamboanga University School of Medicine
- Telemedicine in Humanitarian Relief – Rural Critical Care Conference / Zamboanga del Norte, Mindanao, Philippines
- Disaster Preparedness Consulting – South African Parliament
- Telemedicine in Disasters; Working Group/Chicago – American College of Chest Physicians (CHEST) 2010
- Telemedicine in Disasters – American Telemedicine Association 2008/2011 /2013
- Telemedicine in Disaster Response – United Nations Association/Santa Barbara 2013
- International & Disaster Telemedicine – Telehealth in Arizona: Connecting People to Care – ATIC/AZBio/ATP 2013